Singles Warehouse Experts: 9 Online Datings Tips
This week I have a guest post from Singles Warehouse Experts, one of the largest online dating sites in the UK with over 2 million active users.
9 Online Dating Tips That You've Heard Before but Clearly Need Reminding
By Singles Warehouse Experts
It’s easy to forget the basics when you start dating as everything is new and exciting but it’s time to take a step back and review these online dating tips to take into consideration!
1. Be honest and open on your profile- don’t have any distant information on your profile which could be interpreted in different ways. Be confident and proud of who you are and portray that on your profile. People who are comfortable with themselves are usually the people who attract more to their profile because confidence is sexy! Lying on your profile will just come back to bite you on the bum. The truth will always come out when you’re on a date or messaging with someone because it’s hard to keep up with where you lied. Your profile is basically the place to sell yourself so market yourself honestly!
2. Don’t start talking to someone just because they are the best looking. Online dating has a section to put interests so find people with similar interests and likes! Join a niche dating site so it narrows down the search to more like minded people in order to find a date easier.
3. Ready for rejection? No, you won’t meet the perfect people for you to start with so you will get some rejection. Be prepared! Just as you would reject people that you don’t have a connection or attraction to, people will do the same to you. This doesn’t mean you should give up at the first hurdle, keep going! If you don’t succeed at first, try again, flirt more and maybe mix up your profile a bit to see if something you have on there was off putting.
4. Just as you probably exaggerated on your profile, others do it to. So the tall, handsome, business manager, might only be a tall, employee at a small business. It’s good to ask your match as many questions as possible before meeting them so you know they are actually who they say they are. It’s always best to be safe than sorry when online dating because without meeting the person before, who knows what’s true. Catfishing is way too common so try to get more pictures of the person before the date. It’s not a bad thing to Google their name or search it in social media to see what profiles it brings up and if the story matches the face.
5. Think about paying- although it could get quite expensive to pay each month for a dating site, it is well worth it. People who pay to use a site will be more serious about going on dates and hopefully taking it further, whereas you will find more time wasters on free sites.
6. Say yes to dates with everyone! People might surprise you if you went out on a date. Some people don’t like talking over the internet or on the phone so could WOW you on a date. There’s a big difference being compatible through a screen and face to face. You won’t get anywhere trying to date if you aren’t open to going on dates with different types of people. A profile is too short to give enough away about someone in order to decide whether they would suit you. At least by saying yes, you will get experience and a few fun nights out from it. Even if you don’t see anything happening with your date of that night, you can still have a laugh and let your hair down. It will give you and your date more confidence to continue.
7. Look at profiles from people of the same sex- have a little peek at what other people write to see the kind of quality you should aim for. This will give you a chance to improve your own profile to get more attention. If your current profile isn’t getting you any dates then try to upgrade it. Although what you wrote is who you are, reword it to try catch people’s eyes.
8. The important first message - obviously you can’t always wait for others to message you so you will need to send that first message from time to time. Wording is vital! A long message will just bore the other person into not replying but too short will make you look uninteresting and like you don’t make much of an effort. Finding that middle length is hard! You need to tailor your message according to the person your messaging, so carefully read their profile and figure out what your goal of messaging them is. It’s not a good idea to be too flirty at this point because you don’t even know if you will get a reply or if they will be interested. It could make you seem like you only want a hook up because it’s like you aren’t taking it seriously. This also means nothing sexual in the first message or the next 1000 either. Don’t turn the relationship sexual till you know it’s going somewhere. You don’t want to get emotionally attached to someone you don’t have a future with.
9. Be direct. Don’t beat around the bush if you have a particular interest in one of the people you are talking to. You don’t want them to get stolen by someone else who had the confidence to ask them out first. Take charge of the situation and ask to join you on a date. The worst they will say is no then you can move on and not waste any more time with someone. Being direct can also be carried on into proper dating by telling people what exactly you want. There’s no point wasting time being casual with people if you want to settle down with one person.
Online dating is a very popular platform for people to start dating so it’s always good to remember these tips to make sure you succeed. Online dating can be a dark place so stay safe and have fun!
-The Singles Warehouse Experts
For more online dating tips, visit our website below: